Home Forums The Midschool What is the Midschool era exactly?

Tagged
5 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Profile photo of tyler brent tyler brent 2 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Profile photo of ChrisRChrisR
    Keymaster
    @props93

Lots of varying opinions on this! What’s yours and who’s right?

Profile photo of MarkFMarkF
    Participant
    @genxbmx

I believe the Midschool era to be a revolutionary period in BMX that held the answer to the main problem of the day: Crappy bikes made by big corporate companies. We had a dire need for strength and durability. I started riding in the Oldschool era and found myself witnessing the birth of Standard Byke Co in person. What a life changer! They were true problem solvers. As we all (groms and pros alike) broke frames, forks, headset cups, cranks, and bent everything else, we needed some serious strength under our feet. It was a time when many great companies stood up and changed everything to satisfy the needs of burly riders of the day. Although things went overboard, it was in the name of safety and durability. Today I ride a Newschool bike with Midschool flavor…and I keep rolling into whatever the next era brings.

Profile photo of NickNick
    Participant
    @deeman

I was born in the ‘mid school’ era so never got to be there for the big uprising or rider run companies. For me it’s the style of riding (like the no footed ice pick- cannot recall where I’ve seen it, if you know what I mean please remind me) crazy amounts of tables, early street with sparks and blood, dvd’s like Criminal Mischief, Standard County, and especially early Props. But hell what do I know eh? 😉

Profile photo of Anthony BrownAnthony Brown
    Participant
    @antdog

I started in the 80’s I remember Joe Rich and Luc e coming to Jersey on Standard when the company started. I guess that is considered the start of the era.

Profile photo of Adam GuildAdam Guild
    Participant
    @doses

Its a way of stereotyping— humans need to put everything in some sort of order..lol

Profile photo of tyler brenttyler brent
    Participant
    @tylerbrent

Typically scores for millennials today, but for business maybe the modern way of startups compare to traditional one. See how marketing aspects from old era to modern days.

Cheers.
    Tyler|http://eatmywords.com/services/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.